Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Little more organized....




So I stayed up REAL late last night till 2 am fixing up the 'schoolroom'. Strangely, so did Travis. He was up all night researching stars in different galaxies on the wikipedia. I have never seen him up so late.


So today we had a better morning - Gina had her own basket of stuff to rummage around in - scissors (of course) crayons, blocks, paper, puzzles etc....


Jane is on auto pilot with her work...It will be good to get her some more challenging work soon.


Mary on the other hand....seems to have forgotten everything from Kindergarten over the summer (my fault, I know). Slightly frustrating - when they forget what the letter 'e' says... so we worked on some reading and basic adding. I'm hoping she understands 0 + any number = 0 after today.




The big fun today was water coloring ! Man, they loved it! I painted with them and Mary is a super artist. We hung our masterpieces on the wall with some sticky-tack (which must be kept hidden because it is like miniature play-dough).


The kitchen is definitely becoming a workspace - not a showcase (was it ever?)

No comments:

Post a Comment