Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Homeschool

Ok... I've done it! I have a blog now for my very own narcissistic tendencies! So here goes.....

First day of home school was Monday...I have no curriculum yet (still in transit UPS ) But since I have conveniently neglected my children's summer school work, I have plenty to work from till it gets here. I am not very organized yet - and don't think I ever will be enough. It feels like I'm flying by the seat of my pants - or robe. The first day went like this:
Me - no shower, Baby crying all morning, Cant find the 'fat pencil' sharpener for Luke so I'm out in the garage - baby in tow -hunting for a chisel to sharpen it, Chiseling pencil over trash, Had to rescue a poor bloody black bird 2 times from our murderous cat - threw it over the fence - baby in tow, Poopie baby, Cant find the rattle, Marys tired after 1/2 an hour, Luke is frustrated with scissor cutting, Kids finally happy to be coloring and glittering Christmas worksheets, Gina happily makes a big cutting mess chopping up any spare paper on the table with pinking shears. My mind is blank about the rest of the day.
I literally did everything one-armed all day. Leia was up for 12 straight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment